In installment 2 of my Spanish-English Yoga dictionary, I am going to look at the legs. Check back to installment 1 for arm movements.
- Feet together = piés juntos
- Feet slightly apart = piés ligeramente separados
- Bend your knees = doblar ó flexionar las rodillas
- Lift your heels = levantar los talones
- Stand on your toes = Ponte de puntillas
- Stand on one leg = apoyate sobre una pierna
- Lift your leg = levanta la pierna
That’s it for now. Hope that helps!
I am inspired to help out my fellow teachers with a simple English->Spanish yoga dictionary. Here in Altea, many languages are spoken and it helps if you can communicate in more than one. So, here goes with installment 1:
- Arms in a “T” = brazos en cruz (this is “arms in a cross”)
- Cross your arms = cruzar los brazos
- Raise your arms = levantar brazos
- Arms behind your head = brazos detrás de la cabeza
- Hands on your hips = manos en “jarra” (this is “arms like a jar”)
- Turn your palms up = palmas arriba
- Bend your arms = doblar los codos (bend the elbows)
There is plenty more, but that will get you started. Namaste.