I am inspired to help out my fellow teachers with a simple English->Spanish yoga dictionary. Here in Altea, many languages are spoken and it helps if you can communicate in more than one. So, here goes with installment 1:
- Arms in a “T” = brazos en cruz (this is “arms in a cross”)
- Cross your arms = cruzar los brazos
- Raise your arms = levantar brazos
- Arms behind your head = brazos detrás de la cabeza
- Hands on your hips = manos en “jarra” (this is “arms like a jar”)
- Turn your palms up = palmas arriba
- Bend your arms = doblar los codos (bend the elbows)
There is plenty more, but that will get you started. Namaste.
One Reply to “Yogadict: arm movements”
Comments are closed.